Tuesday, January 17, 2012

NAPA act would aim to end Alzheimer's by 2025; 15 million unpaid caregivers involved now

Janice Llyod has a story in USA Today, “Alzheimer’s heaps unparalleled stress on caregivers”, link here. The article says that now about 15 million unpaid family members and “friends” pay for Alzheimer’s patients.

Janice also has another story linked there about the proposed National Alzheimer’s Project Act which aims to be able to prevent the disease by 2025.  President Obama had signed NAPA in January 2010. It would obviously be of great concern that deficit reduction could affect public funding of Alzheimer’s research, given the debt battles of the past year. 
Picture: from NBC4 Health and Fitness Expo, Washington DC, Jan. 14.


1 comment:

Colin said...

Great blog, I have being reading this site for a few month now and thought it was about time I let you know how great this blog is :) I come across a website about Retirement Homes I am not sure if you are familiar with the website but I found it to be a great resource for the elderly. Maybe you can check it out and let me your thoughts on it. Keep up the good work.