Friday, October 15, 2010

Obama administration acts to make sure investors get full information on 401(k) costs

On Oct. 14, 2010, The White House, in a blog posting by Jared Bernstein, announced that workplace 401(k) providers would be required to disclose their investment expenses to investors (employees and retirees), so that they can make much more informed choices. This should address the “investment class” vs. “retail class” problem.

The blog link is here.

The Department of Labor (Employee Benefits Security Administration, EBSA) actually has its own news release of this day, link here. It is the “final rule to improve transparency of fees and expenses to workers with 401(k)–type retirement plans.”

1 comment:

Erica Smith said...

Dear,
I want to submit 1 guest article on RETIREMENT in your site: http://billretires.blogspot.com/, only if you permit me. The post contains 400 words above and totally unique as it is written by my content writers and the article will be on the theme of your site. In return, I will place your links in my finance sites and blogs.

Please contact me at my mail soon.

regards,
Erica Smith
ericasmith568(at)gmail.com